Aerospace Engineering is the significant branch of engineering in which technical skills and knowledge are implemented on the designing, functioning, testing, and maintaining of airborne vehicles such as aircraft, spacecraft, satellite, missiles, etc. It is a combination of Aeronautical Engineering and Astronautical Engineering.
Aerospace Engineering Eligibility:
The students who dream to build their future in Aerospace Engineering program have to fulfill the Eligibility criteria for the entrance exam to get admission in one of the reputed Aerospace Engineering colleges in India: -
• Applicant must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics or equivalent AICTE approved 3 years engineering diploma in Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering or any higher qualification in science with Physics and Mathematics at the time of admission in Institutes.
• The age can be between 16 to 28 years at the time of admission for the Aerospace Engineering course.
• Candidates can qualify for the AME CEE Examination for admission in India.
Duties of an Aerospace Engineering Professionals
Aerospace Engineering profile jobs are full of responsibilities. The duties performed by them at numerous organizations are:
• These engineer develops, maintains and tests the production of civil and military aircraft, missiles, satellites, rockets and space vehicles that meet the demand of the customer.
• Settling the troubles that occur during the design, development, and testing processes.
• Upgrade design to inbuilt some new operation and enhance safety features.
• Executing ground and flight-testing planson prototypes.
• Evaluate feasibility, output, cost, and production deadline time of aerospace vehicles.
• Write and evaluate technical reports.
Aerospace Engineering Career Opportunities:
Aerospace Engineering is a course having endless career opportunities worldwide. These engineers are part of multiple private and government sectors in the aviation industry. Great Aerospace Engineering career can be noticed as India has shown remarkable growth in the field of research.
India has set up many labs in different states that enhance the scope for the youth. Aerospace engineers are placed in various organizations based on their abilities and excellence such as problem-solving, critical thinking, observation, etc. designation is offered.
The following organizations hires Aerospace Engineering professionals where they can have a bright career-
• Defense Research and Development Laboratories (DRDO)
• Hindustan Aeronautical Limited (HAL)
• Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA)
• Air India
• National Aerospace Laboratories (NAL)
• Civil aviation department (DGCA)
• Indian Air Force
• Defence Ministry
• Research agencies like NASA, ISRO
• Bharat Electronics Ltd.
• BrahMos Aerospace Pvt Ltd.
• Honeywell Aerospace
• Altran India
• Taneja Aerospace & Aviation Ltd.
• Godrej & Boyce Manufacturing Company
• Mahindra Aerospace
See this also: AME CET Exam